Monday 5 March 2012

New purchases.... Spring is stirring...

Good news - I have a new mooring this year - potentially I should get an extra half hour to an hour before and after high tide - a potential huge improvement and gives lots of opportunity for more extended cruising on a single tide... great news, I owe someone a beer....

Separately the speakers are now sourced, and along with the amplifier previously mentioned these will form the basis of the new boat stereo...


I have an idea for how I will mount these but time will tell - I need some kind of platform to stand the Netbook on where it can be in cover but I can still see it from the helm.....  what I'm thinking of is to use the half partition which you can just see on the left in the following....


Two uprights, with a cross member to brace them - I'll make a cut-out at the bottom of the uprights so they can slide over the partition - and then a couple of brackets to support a small shelf for the Netbook.

I can then use the same edifice to provide support for a wooden plank that I'll mount the speakers in and I can also use to mount the amplifier... seemples.. until you see the standard of my woodworking skills...

2 comments:

  1. Your not putting maximum effort into this.... you can still afford socks without holes!!!
    Great news on the new mooring. How much further out is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watcha Phil - slightly less expenditure than yours this year, I may even be able to afford new underpants this decade... :o)

    New mooring is a cracker - about 25 or 30 yards closer to the channel and in the middle of the moorings - I reckon I'll get at least an extra hour a tide of sailing.... big difference!

    ReplyDelete