Rubbish weekend of weather, but a couple of hours of sunshine this morning saw me finish off job no.7 - the bung is now fitted to the tender - a less than painful operation, but very pleased, a right proper job... removed the old fitting (just a piece of pipe glassed into the hull and now loose...), sanded off the outer surface to remove all signs of the old epoxy glue, ground out the hole with a router to the right size to fit the new fitting, offered up and it was a perfect fit... drilled through two fixing holes for the bolts holding the fitting, squeezed in some silicone sealant behind the fitting, pushed it home but not completely... I'll tighten off the bolts to get a tight fit in a few days time when the silicone has had time to harden off.. (and I've had time to get myself a couple of stainless bolts to replace the mild steel ones currently holding it.. )
While down there I also took the opportunity to slap a coat of wood treatment on the trim as well - OK so I wasn't going to, but the wood just looked so bad.... if the tender now gets knicked because it looks a 100% better I'll blame .... someone else....! I refuse to do the seat though...
Lastly, I took the opportunity to also:
- put a squeeze of Captain Tolly around the outer edge of the windows - they're much better since I treated them last winter, but I still have a couple of irritating drips when it rains that I'd like to get rid of..
- reinstalled the battery - I've had it at home for a few days on charge ready for the new season
- re-primed the bar - four cans of Fursty Ferret should see me through the first part of the season!
The outboard went in for a service yesterday, so that leaves just two major "must do" jobs to do, with a few "nice to have" jobs...
I want to take the mast down to refit the windex, and straighten out the aerial - I have two options for this, either next weekend or the weekend of the launch - I'd prefer to do it with some time to fix any issues so I think next weekend is looking good... and I'm going to do it on my own!