Monday, 10 September 2012

Just waiting for a weather window...

so... first off the hole repair is now complete...

From this:


To this:





To this:



Superb job...  I got this done through the chandlery in Emsworth Marina [click here] - £150 which considering he had to make three trips I thought was pretty good...  OK, so it was more than just replacing the fitting, but it's one less thing to worry about...

The re-launch was scheduled for last Thursday, but on the Wednesday night I went out in the dinghy at the end of the tide to see what state the mooring was in - last thing I wanted was to have any new problems. Unfortunately I found that the concrete sinker has slipped sideways, with one edge of the concrete sitting proud of the mud by about 9" - not good; cancelled the launch and went to seek out alternative accomodation...

This is now sorted, but Sod's Law the weather in the UK has now broken - looks like a bit of a wet and windy week - definitely not launching weather....  I'll keep an eye open for a window but at the moment all is on hold.

In fact, with lift out in a mere 6 weekends time I'm beginning to wonder if I'll bother...  I've been thinking about it for some time, but have finally decided to sell "Papillon" this winter, after four years of fantastic fun I've decided I need something a little bigger. Other than the need to confirm she's water-tight again, the last thing I need is any damage...

No comments:

Post a Comment