Thursday 1 November 2012

"Papillon" is for sale..


LOA 19ft. LWL 16ft, Beam 6.25ft, Draft (twin) 2ft, Displacement 1568lb, Ballast 545lb, Sail area 150sqft, Construction GRP, Headroom 4.4ft.

The Fantasie 19 was designed by Robert Tucker and is a 19ft triple keel GRP constructed mini cruiser suitable for coastal and estuary cruising. I sail her in Chichester Harbour, and have personally sailed her to the Nab Tower, Portsmouth Harbour, Seaview (IoW) and this year to Cowes.

I have owned "Papillon" since 2009 and in that time she has had new standing rigging (in the winter of 2009/10), new running rigging winter 2010/11. The cabin was extensively re-furbed winter 2010/11 (old headlining removed/scraped back/painted).

She comes with jib/genoa (new in 2009 from Arun sails), and a good condition main. Reefing for the main is the boom roller type which works well (two reefing handles included), the jib/genoa is on a  Plastimo 406-S roller furler. All lines have been lead aft to the cockpit and she is optimised for sailing solo...

She also comes with anchor (with chain/rope rode in anchor locker), nav lights, steaming light (new 2009), anchor light (new 2012), VHF (working but venerable), stereo (amplifier and speakers with cable to connect MP3 player - new winter 2011/12), two solar tickle chargers (keeps the battery going all summer), battery (new 2009), electric & manual bilge pumps, cabin lights, cooker (single burner - new 2012), sea toilet (which I've not used), and various "chandlery" (ropes/mooring ropes etc). By the by, there is also a transducer for a NASA depth sounder (I've only just found this, and as I don't have a head unit I have no idea if it works.. )

She is sitting on, and is being sold with, a trailer that is not suitable for road use - I use it for moving her round the sailing club yard and launching (it also helps when painting/anti fouling underneath).

I have anti-fouled and she is in all respects ready to go sailing right now - all you will need is an outboard *.

In the four years I've owned her, she's looked after me, and taught me many things and we've had some fantastic sailing trips - I'm only selling as it's now time to be moving on, and I'm looking for something bigger....

From PBO publication 'Which Boat' - "Attractive, well made, three berth twin keeler with practical outboard well, skeg mounted rudder and good directional stability."

From Hoskyns Yacht Directory - " useful pocket cruiser"

Leave a comment if you're interested...

* Recommended engine size is a 4-6hp outboard (I use a 4HP/2 stroke/standard shaft) which sits in a well at the rear of the cockpit (this allows you to manage/refuel the engine from within the cockpit - much safer than having the engine on the back - I think this is a major bonus)

2 comments:

  1. Wow - can't believe you sold her! - what are you going to get next? - I know a very nice leisure 17 for sale :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did.. but I can't tell you what a right royal pain in the arris it is finding a new boat.... i'm only looking for a 20' bilge keeler, decent condition, reasonable amount of money... anyone would think I'd asked for the Royal Barge!

      Delete