Wednesday 9 September 2009

Southampton boatshow nears...

The weekend after next is the Southampton International Boatshow - looking forward to seeing if there are any bargains, but little'un and I definitely want one of these:
..or perhaps one of these for when SWMBO is onboard..

 

 

With the season's close almost upon us (where did it go!!) littlest'un and I had a brilliant day out on Sunday. Having had an additional weeks holiday after we got back from holiday with the intention of being able to go sailing a few times, the weather during the week had been dreadful - so on the eve of my return to work this was the last and only opportunity.

We took full benefit of a spring tide and had a good 4 to 4.5 hours of cruising ending up well into the Thorney channel (for those who know Chichester Harbour this is one of the offshoots from the main Bosham channel..) - the furthest we've been yet, I think..

Winds were stronger than before (tail end of a very windy week all round), gray skies, but when we got to the Bosham channel the sun came out with the flask of tea... serendipity!!

With only a couple of weeks to go before the boats come off the water, thoughts are now turning to the first "overnight'er".... oh, and it'd be nice to see the mileage hit three figures this year..

Distance: 13 miles (95 miles year to date)
Wind: Moderate (Force 3, mostly force 4)

4 comments:

  1. I think that you'll enjoy the "Raid on St Michel" campaign . . . I'm certainly looking forward to it.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been nice following your little campaign. Really need to get my act together and do likewise.

    Nice pics and write up.

    And enjoy Jethro Tull!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sir!

    Glad to see the good guys triumph, but well fought!

    I hope you enjoy "Raid on St. Michel" - I've been itching to play it and I just can't find my copy which got mislaid in the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed your campaign, though nice to see the actual figures moving around at the end.

    It looks like the weather might just bless your final voyages of the season.

    ReplyDelete