Wednesday 7 March 2012

Nav station part 1.. proof of concept... jobs update..

"Proof of concept" indeed....

With the Netbook now set up with charts and OpenCPN I needed somewhere to put it, so that I could still see it from the helm, but where it would be protected from the elements... so I came up with this idea.

The frame sits over the bulkhead/partition - with a fork of the leg on either side which holds it rock solid...


Very, very pleased with this as I knocked it up in just an hour, out of bits and pieces I had in the garage, and with no need for adjustments at all - fitted exactly right straight out of the box...


..as a proof of concept I think it hits the spot exactly - the next version (when/if I get round to it) will be made of purpose bought/cut MDF so looking much neater in appearance...


In the meanwhile this version is due to have an appointment with a tin of white paint...

While I was at the boat I also wired up the power cable for the new amplifier as I wanted to check that the 12v sockets I have on board actually worked.... I'd bought some plugs this weekend (they look like these) from the local caravan shop and although fiddly I managed to wire one up, plugged it into the existing socket, switched on the power, and fingers crossed, switched on the amplifier .. success!! Very snazzy amplifier by the way - volume button glows various pulsing colours in the dark....!

Things are coming together.... watch someone go and put a spanner in the works somewhere! Time for a jobs update, then.... the full list is in the tab at the top of the page.. recent changes in blue....


Item: 

6/. Amplifier/speakers to play the MP3 player through - Amplifier arrived... speakers arrived... Amplifier wired into power successfully .. next job is a wooden speaker box to attach the component parts to

7/. Drain hole in tender needs fixing - drain hole bought, existing drain needs to be drilled out and the new one fitted...

8/. Tiller extension - Arrived... needs to be fitted. Also need holding clip to keep it in place when I'm not using it...

13/. Rub down and re-coat rubbing strip..

14/. Anti-foul ...  how could I have forgotten....   This one needs to be done by the weekend of the 31st latest....

0 comments:

Post a Comment