Thursday 6 May 2010

..no progress....

As it says - no real progress so far on the repairs... the repair company's man has visited the boat and is currently away putting together the quote... and has been now for getting on almost 3 weeks.

I keep chasing but no real progress other than the comment that they will be providing a quote that includes a new mast (from Z-Spars) as in their opinion the damage is of such significance that it would be cheaper to have a new one than repair the old... scuba diving

Not good news - I'm insured, but if we were talking in car terms I'm guessing we'd talking about "write off" (ie. where the repair costs more than the boat), and I don't know what the insurance company's take will be... we'll have to wait and see, but I know that I'll be trying very hard to get her back on the water in time for the next bank holiday...

...in the meanwhile I leave you with the following which was taken by my sister last week while on holidays in the Norfolk Broads...

I have no doubt whatsoever that my interest and love of sailing started as a youngster reading the books of Arthur Ransome, two of his books ("Big Six" and "Coot Club") dealt with the Norfolk Broads, and this was the kind of boat that featured heavily... isn't she beautiful???? free smileys

2 comments:

  1. What a Wherry nice boat... As Janet Street Porter might say.
    I hope you get ole Papillon sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a mighty fine looking boat in the picture.

    I'm sorry to hear about the poor service trying to get your mast repaired. It must be very frustrating.

    Best of luck

    ReplyDelete